USCIS Premium Processing Reinstated
June 1, 2020
Below are the conditions under which Premium Processing for H-1B Petitions and other nonimmigrant classifications will resume across a few dates in June the conditions under which Premium Processing may be filed. All dates are from the USCIS office.
Effective June 8, USCIS will accept Premium Processing requests for:
- H-1B petitions filed before June 8 that are pending adjudication and are Cap-Exempt.
- All other Form I-129 petitions for nonimmigrant classifications eligible for Premium Processing filed before June 8 that are pending adjudication.
Effective June 15, USCIS plans on resuming Premium Processing for:
- H-1B petitions requesting premium processing by filing an I-907 concurrently with their I-129 (or request for a petition filed on or after June 8) and are exempt from the cap because:
- The employer is Cap-Exempt or because the beneficiary will be employed at a qualifying Cap-Exempt institution, entity or organization (such as an institution of higher education, a nonprofit research organization or a governmental research organization); or
- The beneficiary is Cap-Exempt based on a Conrad/IGA waiver under INA section 214(l).
Effective June 22, USCIS plans on resuming Premium Processing for all other Form I-129 petitions, including:
- All H-1B cap-subject petitions (including those for fiscal year 2021), including Change of Status from F-1 nonimmigrant status, for both Premium Processing upgrades and concurrently filed I-907s.
- All other Form I-129 petitions for nonimmigrant classifications eligible for Premium Processing and requesting premium processing by filing an I-907 concurrently with their I-129.
All dates are subject to change as USCIS continues to take on more Premium Processing requests and USCIS will announce any changes to these dates accordingly. We will keep our website up to date with any new developments.
If you have any questions or concerns about Premium Processing and your case, please contact us here. We are available under stay at home orders at our regular phone numbers and emails.